Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

July 07, 2007

7-7-07

There are probably a billion weddings going on right now in the States. It's July. No school. The date has 3 sevens in it. Saturday.....hmmmm.... it's the first Saturday all year that I don't know someone gettin' married! joking....but 7 of my friends have gotten married since January. Noel, you were the first!
It has been pouring on and off all day. The sun has peaked through a few times. It's nice. I started to hate the rain here these past few months, but today I like it. Emily went to help a new American couple who arrived this past week move into their apartment. So, I've been here all morning by myself. I cleaned the green bathroom (I'll take a picture of the ugliness and post it later), swept/mopped my room, the kitchen, living room and have done 2 loads of laundry. The confetti cake my mom sent me for my birthday is baking in the oven. I made a lettuce wrap with cheese, ham and onion (ham was the only option) for lunch. I feel so accomplished!

MY ENGLISH! It's gonna be bad when I get home....

13 days left. And it feels like only a month or two have gone by. It's the weirest thing, guys, to be in a different world for one year... to say the least. I moved out of my family's house last Tuesday. All of my stuff is at the Sede now. I've been trying to organize all my crap and decide who to give what to. You should see all the stuff I've accumulated this year. And we only get one suitcase on the way back. The people who purchased our tickets weren't thinking and bought our domestic flight seperate from our international flight, therefore, only allowing domestic weight limits. We'll see how that works out....

oh ya and Russell and Janna got engaged yestuday!!

Gotta go get the cake out!!

ate mais...tchau!


(a few hours later)
The cake is DELICIOSOOO!!!! meu deus....que bolo gostosissimo!
I just found the following on someone's myspace....read and you will understand how a Brazilian works:

You Know You're Brazilian When...

1)You didn't know anything about bills until you came to the US.
2)You like Guarana better than Coke.
3)If someone tells you to be at a certain place at 1:00 pm, you
don't show up until 2:30 or 3:00 p.m.
4)You know who Xuxa and Pele are.
5)Your entire family goes to grandma's house on Sundays for a big
family get together....even when you guys see each other everyday.
6)You can name at least 30 novelas and 10000 actors/actresses.
7)BBQ means steak, sausage, chicken wings, pork, rice, farofa, molho
and beer.
8)You are the loudest person in the room.
9)You travel to Brazil and instead of taking a suitcase with all
your stuff, you take presents for the entire family, the dog, the
neighbor.
10)An ideal woman is a woman with small breasts and a big butt.
11)You understand & speak Spanish, but when you say a word in
Portuguese no one understands you.
12)You can dance.
13)You greet people with a kiss.
14)You take soccer too seriously.
15)You go to a birthday party,and you can't leave until you take that
piece of cake home.
16)You know what Capoeira is.
17)You know a lot about Samba and Pagode.
18)You are extremely affectionate and friendly.
19)You eat rice and beans at least 7 days a
week.
20)You know who Os Trapalhoes, Turma da Monica, Zico, Caetano Veloso,
Tom Jobim, Elis Regina, Ronaldinho, Jo Soares, Cazuza, Gilberto
Gil, Silvio Santos, Roberto Carlos, Ayrton Senna, amd Carmem
Miranda are.
21)You are so used to corruption that nothing surprises you anymore.
22)You always taking pictures everywhere you go.
23)You know what it's like to buy liquor without an ID.
24)You know how to party, and if the party isnt over after 5am...its
not a party!
25)Any holiday...being it official or not, is an excuse to stay home
from work and take a week vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home