Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

June 24, 2007

You're right, Susan

Long time no post. A few updates...

One month left. So that's like 4 weeks. That means lots of dinners at lots of people's houses, lots of just hanging out and visiting everyone I've met this year. 3 weeks ago I thought I was going to die I wanted to go home so bad. 2 weeks ago it all changed. Not that I am not TOTALLY excited to go home anymore, but it's just really the end and I'm realizing a lot of new things. Most of these "new things" still aren't super clear even to me, therefore, can't share them just yet. Someday we can talk about it more.
Sao Joao is one of the biggest holidays here in the NE of Brasil. Today is officially Sao Joao. But for the past month people have been celebrating and it will continue for the next week or two. I've never danced that much in my life. Forro. If you don't know what it is, google it. So many good times with fun people. I should post some pictures. I haven't been taking that many lately, but think I have a few.
The reality of coming home is undescribable. Beyond bittersweet. But the sweet part of bittersweet wouldn't exist if it weren't time for me to return home. It's only because I am so concious of coming home now that I am realizing my love for these people and places and this whole long/crazy/hard experience I've had. hmmm....there's just so much.
Oh ya- the amebas left. At least I think so. I ended up going to Urgent care after 2 weeks of ignoring my symptoms and was put on an antibiotic for intestinal bacteria for one week. That cured it. My full apetite didn't return until this past week. And street food just doesn't appeal to me at ALL anymore.
I had my going away thing at the project last Monday. That project is officially on winter break and that means no more work for me. It's kind of nice not have to work at all this last month. I think it should be like that for all SALTers.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE BACK HOME!!! This is going to be so much fun for the first few weeks!! EIIKS!
My parents were here last week for one week. We tried to do as much as we could but it rained just about everyday and they were scared of my driving so that left us kind of limited. But I think they had a good time.
25 days. Until next time.....







EDIT- here's your picture.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, how about a picture of me ?
    mom

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about a photo of mom ?

    and dad too ?

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    where's a pic of mom ?

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger DanĂºbia said…

    hahahha those pictures are great! wonderful times together ,eh?
    hum, the cookies were tasty too hahahahahaha
    take care!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey danubia .... ask our meggie to post a picture of her beautiful mom and handsome dad on her blog for us !!! :)

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Megs said…

    hey danubia, tell my parents to stop asking for me to put of pictures of them. tell them if they want pictures of themselves on my blog that they have to email them to me first! gosh....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home