Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

February 08, 2007

Listening to Brandi Carlile "Story"

She is soo good! This song! OHH..this song...the lyrics aren't what I'm crazy about but her voice, the melody, the soul...ooooh!

CHECK THIS OUT! SECOND BLOG IN 2 DAYS!

I went to that dance class for the second time tonight. I was hating it the begining because I was dancing with this short guy (nothing wrong with being short) but he coudn't stay on beat. And when you don't speak the language well enough to speak in dance terms it makes it almost impossible to correct anything being done wrong. About half way through I started dancing with the boyfriend or husband of the teacher. We danced forro for a while and it was so good! I was dizzy afterwards and met 3 other people who live in my same neighborhood. We all took the bus home together.
There's this 12 year old boy at my project named Misterlanyo (sp?). He was one of the hardest one's for me when I first started. Totally didn't respect anything I said and would just get up and walk around and yell at other kids. Then I found out that his mom's boyfriend who lives with them beats her. He was telling one of the other teachers that he tried to stop him the other day and it wasn't good. Sometimes when Misterlanyo is being crazy and not listening to anything and punching other kids because he thinks he knows how to play soccer better than anyone else I go up to him and say something like, "hey, you don't need to do that. You're smart..." and then smile or punch him lightly on the shoulder and he gets this huge grin that he tries so hard not to let through. Then runs away quickly trying to hide his smile. Love this. Things like this make me love the project minus it's problems. Today we played soccer two on two. I was against Misterlanyo. I'm really starting to like it now that we seem to play it every day. Anyway, after we were finished he was lying on the ground and I walked over to him and said that he should play professional soccer some day. He asked me to repeat what I had just said even though I know he understood it. So I did. His face totally lit up. He just needs more affirmation and encouragement in his life. Man...it's such a blessing to able to provide a tiny bit of that for him.
Mosquitos are attacking! GOODNIGHT!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Tricia said…

    I was excited that you posted two days in a row. But I think it's time for another one. I'm totally up for making you a purse/bag. Which would you prefer? A purse or a bag? Do you want a big bag? What colour? Let me know, and I'll start working on it.
    159 days!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home