Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

January 22, 2007

In a Frank Sinatra Mood

I just read an email from Susan...probably one of the funnest emails I've ever gotten. THANKS SUSAN! She mentioned the song "Unforgetable" by Frank Sinatra. And now I am listening to Franky. It is great.

I slept at my home in Janga for the first time last night in a long time. I had been staying in Riacho- a small town near Janga- for the past 2 weeks (did I already mention this?). Anyway, it was REALLY hot. I wake up some mornings with my fan blowing hot air onto my body, get really mad that the heat is the reason I wasn't able to sleep more and do that whole kick nothing in the air- silent complaining- whatever you wanna call it scene like in Hitch when he doesn't want to go to work. Do you know what I'm talking about?! awww...to be cold!

Last night I was walking home from church with my friend Rayanne and we ran into my 2 mormon missionary friends. There are a lot of mormons here. The internet cafe that I sometimes use is owned by an English speaking Brasilian Mormon who knows a few people in Fresno. The 2 we ran into last night- I knew one of them but the other guy just got here last week, both Americans. Kinda weird running into other N. American's here in Janga.

Yesturday I took some pictures on the bus on my way to Arruda (where Emily and Solonge live). I have never taken pictures on the bus because it's not the smartest thing to let everyone know you have a digital camera on hand. Thank God I didn't get robbed yesturday, though that robber would've gotten lots of good stuff and probably been able to live off of the salary he would have earned from selling that good stuff for an entire year. I had the laptop, camera, cell phone and cash on hand. Don't worry- I won't be doing that often. But it was Sunday, which means not a lot of people on the buses, half the price bus fare, and it's Sunday- that's gotta mean something?! ha. When I was heading back to Janga it took 2 hrs! Usually takes like an hour and 15 minutes. No one told me yesturday was the official first day of Carnival. If you don't know what Carnival is look it up. It's the biggest holiday here in Brazil and pretty much lasts half of January, all of February and carries on to the begining of March. There were thousands of people on the streets in Olinda and about 5000 more cars than normal. I probably could've walked home quicker, but due to what I was carrying and the book I was reading I stayed on the bus. I finished "Mere Christianity" before I got off the bus. That book....OOOHHH that book. Read it.

My face is DISgusting right now. The humidy that makes my face constantly oily has done some ugly things to it.

Agora, isso e pra Priscilla. Eu nao posso esperar ate eu voltar pra Cali e ver(?) voce! EIII.....voce e muito frio agora...eu espero que eu estava frio agora mais de todo!! Tchau tchau....escreve pra mim em Portuguese, VIU?!

Until next time, here's an idea for you Christmas tree next year....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger priscilla said…

    Hey Magie!!!

    Haha... oh... que bonitinho, voce colocou uma foto de nos duas no seu profile! oh... muito bonitinho!
    Gostei muito! :)

    Wow, hehe.. que arvore de natal linda! acho que veio de Paris! vou fazer uma igual no ano que vem, vou usar todos os Cds de Joe! :-)
    hahaa que arvore feia! e engracada!

    Hey, eu nao sabia que voce gostava dos complementares, nao posso acreditar que voce gosta desses complementares loucos que uma vez agente quase morre la.
    Sinto falta de ir para o central parque com voce no complementar.
    Haha... eu odeio os complementares eles sempre me deixam enjooada(sick)mas sinto falta deles tambem!
    Poxa... Tambem estou muito anciosa para ver voce de novo! vem logo Magie, vem logo! estou com saudades!!!!!!!

    Sim.... ai meu Deus! estou com muito frio agora! as vezes temos um dia bom, com muito sol, mas nao e' tao quente feito em Recife, mas de noite aqui sempre e' tao FRIIIOOO!

    Espero que voce esta bem amiga!
    Se cuida viu! fica forte la em Recife que so falta mais um pouquinho.

    Um forte abraco para voce, fica com Deus!

    Priscilla.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home