Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

December 17, 2006

Envious of Noel

She's getting married. I am so excited for her but that doesn't mean I'm not envious. I'm not just envious because she's getting married, but the first time she met Patrick she knew she gonna marry him. I have only read about stories like this. I never thought it would happen to one of my best friends. We used to always talk about what kind of person we wanted to marry and who would be first and funny things like that. Noel is such an amazing person. The faith she has in the Lord is amazing. She is the best writer I know and can express anything in words even when she thinks she can't. I wish I could have just a chunk of that part of her brain. She hasn't seen her finance in what like 4 months? And I am so impressed that she has held it together...though I'm know it has probably been the hardest thing for her. I could say so much more about her. I am so happy for her!

Noel- I wish more than anything I could be at your wedding. Are you still going to have the lifesize cardboard cutout of me?! kidding. I love you and will see you again someday!

Here is the survery she tagged me with...

A - Available or single: yes and yes. aren't they the same thing?
B - Best Friend: I don't know. At this point, I'm just trying to remember I actually have really good friends back in California. I like them all. A lot.
C - Cake or Pie: Cake. But usually need ice cream to go with it. And yes, Noel, microwavable yellow moist mushy cake is delish!
D - Drink of choice: I love chai in any form. I drink a ton of water. I really do like it.
E - Essential Item you use everyday: bra.
F - Favorite color: green right now.
G - Gummy Bears or worms: gummy bears. they remind me of being little.
H - Hometown: Clovis, Ca
I - Indulgence: Zeca's selfserve ice cream parlor everywhere in Recife, air conditioners, and ANYthing soft. There is nothing soft whatsoever in Brazil. Dryers do amazing things to fabric.
J - January or February: January- it's fresh. it's new. it's cold. there is snow! It's right after Christmas.
K - Kids & Names: I need the mate first.
L - Life is Incomplete Without? God. Noel- I liked your answer more. Reading C.S. Lewis.
M - Marriage Date: ha!
N - Number of Siblings: 1 brother. I wish I had more.
O - Oranges or Apples: A sweet orange from California and a cold apple with peanut butter, caramel or just alone.
P - Phobias or Fears: sharks. There are warnings at every beach here. Guns.
Q - Fave Quote: there are so many. I don't have any memorized. I should get some memorized.
R - Reason to Smile: The 30 kids at my project who have seen too much violence in their lifetimes but still give a huge smile if you joke with them enough. Their dimples, small body frames and energy...and still hopeful.
S - Season: Winter. Midnight rollerblading or bike rides to look at Christmas lights, stars, and to see your breath!
T - Tag 3 or 4 people: Well, Tricia, you are a good constant reader of mine. Noel you already did this. Sorry, I can only tag one! If you read this and want me to tag you, let me know!
U - Unknown Fact about Me: I want to be a drummer in a band. for real.
V- Vegetable You Don't Like: I can't think of any at the moment, but I prefer fruit.
W - Worst Habit: thinking that I have forever to live.
X - Xrays: teeth and back.
Y - Your Fave Food: hot fresh bread in brasil and chai in any form.
Z - Zodiac Sign: what is it..gemini?

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE (skype) WITH ALISON AND SHE IS ENGAGED!!!! SO EXCITED and so sad! 3 F'ing weddings...all VERY good friends. What is this supposed to mean?!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    I got mentioned on your blog. I feel so special.

    Isn't it slightly annoying to have all your friends get married on you? I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 2.5 years, and the number of people I've known that have started dating since then that are now engaged or married is overwhelming. And honestly I hate weddings, so the constant invitations are a little annoying... But have no fear Megan, you're still too young to be thinking abour stuff like this.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooo...i like your worst habit. i think we're all guilty of that...

    i love that we're still rowing the same boat...relationship wise. you're a great co-pilot =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home