Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

November 18, 2006

Sick

We had a unit meeting for all MCCer's in Brasil that started on Wednesday. We drove 4 hours out to Camibinha (sp?), the smalled town ever, and had a huge Thankgiving dinner that night. It was really good. There were 6 of us girls staying in a house. No one lives at this house, but there are a ton of beds. So we squished 4 into one room (wall to wall). Everyone had gone to sleep and we decided to go for a walk. This town reminds me of the Flinestones. There is really nothing there including lights. OH- our house had no electricity but somehow the neighbors wired a light bulb over there for us. So we went walking...SOO DARK. The stars. Oh my gosh. The stars. It was a good time...joking around about the cobras that were gonna get us and listening to the death calls of donkeys and cow bells on cows wondering by. We get back in our room to go to sleep and I lye down. This is officially the first time I have gotten sick in Brasil. I felt so naucious. It only lasted for an hour but BEING SICK IN ANOTHER COUNTRY SUCKS! After I threw up in the toilet that doesn't flush and splashed it all over my legs, oh the relief I felt.
This is all I wanted to tell you. I'm at Priscilla and Solonge's house right now. This is probably my favorite house to be at. Art all over the walls...hand painted. The best food. A padio with a rocking chair. mmmmmmmm

3 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    Was it a squatty toilet?

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Megie!

    Amei seu comentário sobre a nossa "casooshka", que bonitinho!!fico muito feliz que você se sente bem aqui com nosco.
    Nós também sempre gostamos muito de ter você aqui com agente, nós apreciamos muito a sua companhia e a sua alegria que contagia!:)

    Venha sempre que quiser, você sabe que você faz parte dessa casa e dessa família!

    Te amo muito!!

    Priscilluska.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you want me to send you some meds in your next box?

    mmmm...pepto......and maybe some alcohol pads..they help "bring it up." gross huh?

    when you come back, we'll drive to mariposa and watch the stars...A mazing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home