Times In Brazil....

And she lived in Brazil for one year....

August 19, 2006

Atlanta

I'm sitting here at the Hartsford Airport (I think that's what it's called) in Atlanta, Georgia. I woke up at 4:45 this morning, left Refreshing Mountain Camp near Akron, PN and flew out of Phili at 6am. I should get to Recife at about noon tomorrow. I still have a while to go and I'm pretty tired. Good thing I just bought some Milky Way Popables and ate Panda for the last time...food at airports always tastes a little off.

I spent the past week with the 50 other SALTer's at orientation. This was the first year that MCC had the SALT and IVEP orientation together. IVEP is the opposite of SALT...people from around the world come the the U.S. and Canada to serve. The 4 Brazilians who came couldn't get their visa's for the U.S., so they had to go to Canada...I didn't get to meet them. BUT, I did get to talk to the guy who wrote my job decription for what I'll be doing in Janga. Him and his wife and two kids just returned from a three year term in Brazil. Talking to him was really good. He told me a lot more details about everything. Basically, every day this week we had group discussions and listened to various people talk about what it's like going into a culture that is not our own. They pretty much prepared us for the worst, which is a good thing.

It's definately been a great time so far, but kind of weird at the same time. I met so many neat/interesting people all doing the same thing as me, spent a week with them and had to say goodbye again. I'm already looking forward to debriefing next July! ha. I'll try to update at least every other week from now on. I'm not sure how often I'll get to use the internet while I'm there. I'M SO EXCITED TO GET TO BRASSSSIL!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOTLANA!!

    have you seen Beautyshop?...prob. not, otherwise, you would get that. anywaaaay......

    i don't think every other week is gonna work for me. sorry. you need to figure out the internet thing asap! get. on. it. as for me you ask? so far so good. i miss you. i got really bored and made one of those christmas countdown chain ring things, ya know, for your return.

    i used up alota green and red construction paper.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home